My card today is for Case This Card challenge #CTC015, a theme challenge for Christmas from Jesse Holton. This was made for a customer who loves cats. You can’t really see it in the picture, but I used Wink of Stella to add snow to the hills and trees.
Stampin’ Up! Products used: Peaceful Pine Stamp Set, Pretty Kitty Stamp Set, and Snow Place Stamp Set
Reminder: Get special deals on year end sale at Stampin’ Up!
Stampin’ Up! is offering a limited time bundle, so of course I had to use it! Plus with the new Holiday Catalog sneak peaks, I was feeling ready for fall.
I used a brayer to color the background. Die-cut the tree. Cut little squares / leaves for my shaker. The card is 4.25″x 5.5″ with a 0.5″ border frame. Used Flourish Thinlits for my branch of leaves. On the circle sentiment, just drag the edges through the ink pad for some extra color.
Be sure to check out and play along with the other Pals at PalsPaperArts!
Just click to shop Stampin’ Up Products used:
Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for July 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects using our favorite Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper as well as coordinating embellishments. What we love about Stampin’ Up! is they make it so easy to mix and match colors. And, the amazing selection of embellishments provides a wonderful finished look to our projects. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Foxy Friends Snowy Shaker Card
This is my first attempt at making a shaker card. I love how easy Stampin’ Up! makes it to coordinate so that I can spend more time being creative.
Tips: Make sure you add enough snow / glitter before closing shaker. When you think it’s enough, add just a little extra! Also, when adding multiple card layers inside the shaker, you may want to double the foam thickness to make sure there is room inside to freely shake.
Notice the Stampin’ Up! patterned paper is double-sided; so the colorful chevrons are the backside of the snowy scene. The Pool Party blue frame is cut out using the same thinlit as the front. The paw prints are heat embossed in silver to help tie in more of the little foxy theme.
Update: Someone asked me how I made this, so here my explanation.
Start by making the inside of your shaker scene, leave a 1/4 to 1/2 border to adhere the foam strip. I used the reversible paper because you can see it from both sides.
Attach the front paper (blue chevrons) to your base card. I used a thinlit to make the front opening, but you could just use a trimmer. Cut through both layers.
Attach the window sheet to the backside of your frame. Line foam adhesive all the way around on the plastic. Inside this space I used white beads and glitter to make my snow.
Carefully peel off the foam adhesive paper and stick your scene into it. Since the card front is thick, you may need to score the card in two spots to fold properly.
Decorate inside of card. Then shake and admire 🙂
More ideas of projects to make with Stampin’ Up! Foxy Friends and coordinating products.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop! To keep hopping click HERE or select from list.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Pamela Sadler at stampin pink rose
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Laura Schollaart at Laura b’ Stampin’
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Shannon Jaramillo at ShannonKayPaperie
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Just click images to shop Stampin’ Up! products used: